I've been in Germany 2 days and I already have a new favorite drink, Apfelschorle (sparkling water with apple juice), and a new favorite fruit, Plattpfirsich (basically a flat peach). I also tried a fresh apricot today because we don't have them in America! I'm really liking the food here, but I have to adjust to eating more at lunch time and less at night. We have our big meal of the day at around 12:30, at which point I'm still full from breakfast and not ready for more food!
I went on a little walk around Ellern today. I checked out the sport club where people can play soccer or badminton or take an aerobics class. Also, I was just walking around and I turn the corner and right there are 3 huge horses! Ellern is very small so there really isn't much distance separating the town from the farms. Everyone is really friendly and they always greet you with a "Hallo!" if you pass them on the street.
This evening Conny's friend Meike came over and we watched some movies. They were American films but the language was of course, auf Deutsch. Meike also brought over the O.C. which I was very excited about hahaha. Tomorrow I get to sleep in because Conny has Fahrschule (driving school)... I'm thankful for that. I've been napping a lot lately.
Liebe Grüße
Anna
No comments:
Post a Comment