Hallo!
I made my first apple pie ever on Friday!!! It was so much fun... I felt like a real American hahaha. Well maybe fun isn't quite the right word. It was difficult (I had to make two! By myself! Without a peeler!) and time consuming but the result was definitely worth it. Yum.
The reason I made the pie is because the Tenhaeffs hosted a "Welcome Party" for me, my 3 other host families, and my counselor's family. It was a really nice evening; Wolfgang grilled and we had all manner of salads and side dishes. I also got some nice gifts. My counselor got me a nice hardcover book of the Rhein-Mosel region (complete with an English translation... perfect for the parents) and my 2nd host mom gave me a bunch of awesome CDs of bands we both like. After the dinner with the Host Families, I went out to a "beach" party with my friends and spent the night in Kastellaun, schön!
The Tenhaeffs were away for a wedding this weekend, so I spent Saturday and Sunday with my counselor and his family (the Wilhelms). I had a great time with them! They have two girls, Laura (11) and Anna (6). I spent most of my free time this weekend playing with clay and learning about all the different kinds of horses in the world.
Saturday night my friends and I went to the movies and saw "Die Legende von Aang". For you English-speakers, that's "The Last Airbender". It was actually very good, there were a lot of 10-year old boys in the theater who thought it was the greatest thing ever.
On Sunday the Wilhelms and I drove to Frankfurt and went to the Museen Fest! It was really cool. It's a day where all the museums on this particular street are open. There's a ton of awesome international food and loud music. We actually didn't go to any museums, but it was fun to enjoy the big crowds (after living in a village of 1,000 people for the past 3 weeks it was great to see lots of people).
My school schedule is about to get a whole lot more difficult. I have way too many free periods so I'm adding Chemistry, Geography, and another English course. I still don't have any homework though... the teachers don't really bother to check it from me at this point hahaha.
Liebe Grüße
Anna
P.S. I just found out that the letter ß (Esszet) is obselete... I'm really disappointed because I love writing it haha.
Please say it isn't so. I love ß, too--so German!
ReplyDeletesry2say mom, but it is! :(
ReplyDelete