Helllloooo!
I come back in ONE WEEK. Writing that, it still doesn't feel like just 1 week. It feels like an eternity. Other exchange students have said it was like that for them too... the last 10 or so days seem to crawl by. I don't really know how, because the rest of my exchange went by SO fast. Weird stuff.
Tomorrow night is my going away party. 10 of my best German friends are coming over and we're gonna grill Schwenkbraten and Käsewürstchen, with Nudelsalat, Tacosalat, and Kartoffelsalat as side-dishes. And yes, plenty of German beer. Bitburger Stubbi and Radler, fantastic! I love German grilling. It's so good. Hopefully the predicted hailstorm doesn't ruin any of the festivities. I'm going to make my American-dessert classic: apple pie á la mode. That will take up most of my day tomorrow... or at least a solid couple hours. It tastes delicious, but is kind of a pain to make. Grandma would be proud!
I bought a whole lot of German things to bring back to the folks back home. For example, Milka chocolate (so very delicious, especially the yogurt-filled variety in my opinion), Kinder chocolate (true, at Wegmans there is a limited supply, but I still haven't seen Duplo or Country available anywhere!), Knoppers (yummy filled wafer square things), Schokolinsen (literally means chocolate lentils [or lenses? not sure what they're trying to represent], but its actually just chocolate enrobed in a crunchy minty shell... highly addictive), aaaaand Maggi. Oh Maggi. How can I possibly explain how much I love you. It's the German soy sauce, if you will. Spaghetti cooked in the pan with a scrambled egg and Maggi will be my go-to fast lunch from now on... amazing. Maggi in soup. Maggi on tomatoes. Maggi everywhere. Good thing I'm bringing back two bottles hahaha.
Tja, two of my best friends have birthdays this weekend so it'll be pretty busy around these parts. Gotta fit in packing somewhere.
Tschüßi
Anna
Excellent website. Plenty of useful info here. I¡¦m sending it to some friends ans additionally sharing in delicious. And certainly, thanks for your effort!Hotel Frankfurt-Oder
ReplyDelete