Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

Hello all!

Today is Christmas Eve, but in Germany that pretty much means "Christmas". We go to church tonight, eat a special dinner, and open all our gifts. Have to admit, it really doesn't feel like Christmas to me. I think it's the lack of "A Christmas Story", "Elf", cheesy Christmas Music, the room perfume we spray around our house, and Santa Clause that is getting to me. Also disappointed that I will not be going to India Pavilion tonight... seriously I think that is my favorite Christmas tradition. There is nothing like chicken tikka masala on December 24th to stir up Christmas spirit in me. Despite my unfortunate lack of Bock auf Weihnachten, I'm still looking forward to tonight! It should be an interesting once-in-a-lifetime experience (sorry for all the Schmalz, but it's true).

In 10 days I will be traveling to SPAIN!!!!! Alone!!!! I am so excited! I'm going to visit a friend of mine who was an exchange student in State College last year, Marina. There's a direct flight from my town to hers (which happens to be on the bargain airline... 150 Euro there and back!) so travel should be no problem. I'm looking forward to the 60 degree temperatures... should be a welcome change from the arctic weather I have been enjoying in Germany. Look out for lots of pictures on Facebook!

Merry Christmas to you all, hope it is wonderful!

Love,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment