Sorry for the huge delay! I've just started to get really busy with school, friends, and everything. Haha I guess I'm finally getting to that point in my exchange where I actually have a LIFE.
Berlin was amazing! It has been a while since we were all together on that trip, but the memories are still strong :) I had so much fun with all of the other exchange students! It was a great opportunity to bond with my district and see the wonderful city that is Berlin.
On Wednesday we took the train from Frankfurt to Berlin. It was super super fast and got us there in around 5 hours. We stayed in a youth hostel with 7 people per room with only 2 keys... you can just imagine how that worked out hahaha. We saw all the typical sightseeing places such as the Brandenburg Gate, Checkpoint Charlie, a section of the Berlin Wall, the Bundestag, and the Holocaust memorial. It was really cool to see things that you've only seen in history books right before your eyes.
We had some planned activities all together, like a city bus tour and dinner at an Indian restaurant (Poor restaurant. They had to deal with 40 exchange students. Enough said haha), but other than that we had a whole lot of free time. We were allowed to hop on the trains with small groups and navigate around Berlin by ourselves! We went shopping a lot, bought some chocolate, but most of the time just wandered around because we had no idea where we were going or what there even was to do. Wish I could have planned that one a little better haha. On Friday our group took a trip to Potsdam to see Schloss Sanssouci, which was really beautiful. In Potsdam we did even more shopping... ended up dropping the equivelant of 40 USD on a t-shirt, but it was really cute I swear.
Other than Berlin, nothing too exciting has happened to me in these past few weeks. I'm moving to my next host family on Saturday which I think is pretty crazy! That means that I've already been in Germany for THREE MONTHS. Whaaaaaaat? That also means that more than a quarter of my time here is gone! Crazy! Ah! Guess that means I'll just have to make even more of the time I have left.
Liebe Grüße
Anna
No comments:
Post a Comment