Yesterday the Tenhaeffs took me to a Medieval Castle near the Mosel River, Burg Eltz. It was very picturesque, one of the best preserved castles in the region! To get to the castle we had to hike for 20 minutes through the forest which was pretty cool. I love going to tourist attractions because there are always Americans around! And being an exchange student, it is now totally acceptable to talk to anyone I see that speaks English hahaha. Just one of those perks. I met some nice ladies from Seattle that were eager to hear what I was all about. Also, the Tenhaeffs insisted that these other people we saw were speaking English... but they totally weren't... and they don't believe me. Weird. The most awesome part of this castle to me is the fact that PEOPLE STILL LIVE HERE. What the heck! I had no idea people actually still lived in castles... crazy. Afterwards we enjoyed a nice "Kakao" and then hiked down the mountain again. Gotta love the Wandern.I'm still way excited to spend the weekend in Boppard for the Wine Fest! I'm staying with my friend Robin (American exchange student from Alaska) and her host family. It will be great to see how people in other towns in the Pfalz live :) And there are fireworks. Anything with fireworks is good.
Not much else going on this week... just school and more school. My counselor's wife, Dagmar, has started to give me extra German lessons on Thursdays after school, which is really nice. Although I know a lot of German already, I still suck.
Liebe Grüße
Anna
No comments:
Post a Comment